Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 10, 2007

Give In to Win



Ah, the American Dream. The belief that you can get whatever you want out of life as long as you work hard enough for it. But what happens when you can't seem to make things work out, no matter how hard you work? Do you give up?

Well, in a sense, yes.

That's where faith comes in. There are plenty of things in life that we may not have all the answers to. Instead of working harder to figure it out, we have to give up, in a sense. You must admit that you cannot figure it out.

But your Higher Spirit can.

We must believe that is something is meant to be, God (or whatever you choose to call him, her or it) will figure it out for you. And you doon't have to do a thing! If I made a list of all the things I couldn't figure out but came out okay, it would look something like this.

1. Career
2. Marriage
3. Bad habits
4. Financial Issues

When I look back at the list, I realize that the things I "gave up" on were the most major issues in my life. Notice the list doesn't say, "What I am going to have for dinner on March 16th, 2004." Those decisions I can handle myself. But when it comes to the big things, I gotta give up and give it to God.

No comments: