Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Year in Review: An Attitude of Gratitude


Everyday from now until the rest of the year, we will be doing a review of our lives until this point, focusing of a different aspect each day. Tonight's topic is attitude.

Having an "attitude of gratitude" is someting we all should be striving to achieve. Take the time to ask yourselves these simple questions to give yourself an attiiude resolution for the new year:

1. Do I tend to look at the negative aspects of a situation, or is my outlook more balanced?

2. Do I whine and complain, or am I positive?

3. Do I find myself taking on responsibilities and then doing them with a bad disposition because I really don't want to do them?

4. Am I unhappy in general, or just some of the time?

5. Am I dissatisfied with my life, or only certain aspects of it?

6. How do I act around people I do not like or when my friends decide to do things I don't want to do?

Once you answer these questions to yourself, you can make a resolution to change your attitude.

We all have things we don't want to do. But when we go into these things with an attitude of disgust or reluctance, we will never be happy. We must view the things we have to do as important ways to allow us to do the things we want to do.

A general sense of unhappiness is the sign of deeper problems, as no matter how good things get, you will not be satisfied. You need to look at the positive in your life, no matter how hard it may be. Focus on the things that you enjoy, and stop trying to control everything.

So, get going and enjoy everything you do, or at least try to. A good attitude makes life more bearable.

No comments: