Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 17, 2007

Everyday a New Beginning


Every morning when you wake up, look out the window and thank your Higher Spirit that you are blessed with a new day. A new day bring endless possibilities.

You are never stuck living the same old dreary life everyday. Today you can make a difference. You can start over.

It doesn't matter if you are eight or eighty, it's never too late for you to start again. That's what spirituality is all about. But you need to be mindful. Mindful of what is working in your life and what isn't.

Through the spirit of mindfulness, you can change your mood. Or your mind. Or your life. By knowing where your problems are, you have the ability to change them.

Remember that inventory we talked about? Pull it out right now.

Take that list and set 10 goals for yourself for 2008. And don't wait to start working at them. You can do it today, or tomorrow. This gives you time to start building a foundation that will last a lifetime. And just to show you I am walking the talk, I will list my ten goals right now.

My 2008 Goals:

1. Stop trying to control certain areas of my life where I just can't seem to loosen the reigns such as my relationship, my job.

2. Work my way up to at least 30 minutes of meditation and prayer daily.

3. Position myself to be able to work at home by 2009.

4. Attend my local Sangha at least twice a month and get to know other members.

5. Walk in the morning everyday before work.

6. Daily written inventory.

7. Not to take myself too seriously.

8. Save money for a journey to Egypt to visit a friend.

9. Get myself a little more out of debt.

10. Write about my journey daily here.

So, you see that spirituality and life are intertwined, which is why some of my goals seem more mundane. But they have a direct correlation with my spiritual condition, which is why they are so important to include them here.

What are you waiting for? Get going, and comment here with your 2008 goals. Good Luck.

No comments: