Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 30, 2007

A Year in Review: Relationships


We teach people how to treat us. By fostering healthy relationships with others, we are also forging healthy relationships with our Higher Spirit and ourselves.

Many people believe that all you need to do is follow the Golden Rule, and do unto others as you would like them to do for you. But building healthy relationships is more than that.

Whether romantic or not, we have to learn to trust the people in our lives. We do that by not being jealousy or possessive. People need space. Just because someone is with us doesn't mean that they're trashing us behind out backs. And this does apply to friends as well. Good friendships get ruined when we are jealous of what our friends do without us.

Communication is key. Anyone can talk about the weather, or the football games. But we have to be able to talk about what matters to us. And that includes letting someone know when they have said or done something that hurt us.

So, relationships are a large part of our lives. As yourself the following questions:

1. Have I tried to develop close bonds with at least two people than my significant other?

2. Am I patient, considerate and giving to my friends and family? What could I do to improve?

3. Do I gossip about others when they're not around? When does this usually happen and how can I stop?

4. Do I communicate with my friends? Do I address issues as they come up or ignore them? What are some things I can say when upset?

5. Do I keep in touch with my friends? Am I concerned with others and keep up with the latest happenings in their life, or do I only call when I have problems?

6. What can I do to show those in my life I appreciate them?

Now that you have honestly assessed your relationship situation, you are on the way to making an action plan for 2008. Stay tuned tomorrow when we put it all together in our final review.

No comments: