Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Letting Spirit Work Through You



What are you good at? Maybe you like to draw, paint or sing. Maybe you think you don't have a creative bone in your body. But chances are, there is something you don't know about yourself. Our Higher Spirit, whatever you choose to call him, her or it, has given you a gift to express yourself. You just don't know it yet.

Spend some time trying new things. Whether it be singing, dancing, or painting, spend some time doing things that appeal to you. Or maybe they don't. But you'll never know until you try.

My uncle, a mechanic, told me about a custom endtable he made for his boss. His boss, who he says already have everything, is a racing enthusiast. So he covered it with racing posters and put some little toy cars underneath a glass top. I was amazed at the creativity and detail that went into his gift.

I like to take pictures. I find cheap and unusual frames at places like Marshall's in the clearance section and make framed portraits for people. I did a three portrait series in a simple black frame for my grandmother of the Cherry Blossoms in Washington, DC. She loved it.

Scrapbooks are another hobby of mine. I love to make them, and this year I am doing one as a Christmas gift. They are rather time consuming, but its a great way to show my love for another.

My Higher Spirit works through me and allows me to show love for others through creative gifts. I'm blessed by the fact that not only do I love to write and take pictures, I'm musically inclined. I love to sing, and when I get really stressed out, nothing makes me feel better than playing on my keyboard. Even when I feel like I can't write another word, like tonight, somehow, somewhere, I get the energy to keep on writing.

No comments: