Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Judge not...


If we are mindful, we will notice when a person gives us a bad feeling. It might not be what they say. Maybe they look like someone we would rather forget. We must look past our judgements. It is the season for caring, which includes caring for those people we would rather not care for.

By suspending judgement, we learn to accept people that we would not have in the past. This is what our Higher Spirit wants for us. There are plenty of people who put up with you, even though they might have been annoyed.

In the spirit of love, we need to learn to accept others. When you feel yourself bothered by a person, you need to look deep within yourself. Why do you feel this way? Is it the person who bothers you, or do they remind you of someone else, even yourself?

Take a deep breath, and say something to yourself like, "may I learn to look upon this person with the same love and tolerance that others look upon me."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that when I keep my discourse in the first person -- singular or plural -- I avoid confronting people's resistance head on and give my ideas more opportunity to be absorbed by a broader range of thinkers. When I say "you should," it is natural for people to resist, but when I say that I need to do something a certain way, they have the opportunity to think, "hey, that makes sense, maybe I'll give it a shot."

It also seems to me that the essence of practice is for me to move away from black and white and learn to enjoy a world that is all colors, especially gray. (As a wise man once said, "The color of Truth is gray.) After all, each of us lives in a reality shaped by many year' experiences, and no two of us view any event the same, for each step along the path is influenced by all those that came before.

These are the ways that seem to work best for me.

Sharon said...

I find that not using you language when talking to people one on one is so important.

We all live in a world of our own making, based on our preceptions. So it is important for me to look at things from the many different angles and try to put myself in the other person's shoes...