Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Do Something Spiritual Everyday



Tonight while folding laundry, there came a knock at the door.

There stood two men from the church my husband and I occasionally visit, inviting us to a special service on Sunday and to let us know church would be starting early this Sunday.

I apologized for our absence lately and told them we had been working a lot. I then shut my door, finished with the laundry, and got to work on my writing projects for the night. When I was done, I shut the laptop without even thinking about posting to the blog.

Then I thought to myself, what am I doing with myself?

I write everyday about becoing more spiritual, but yet I am not practicing what I preach. For me, there is lots I should be doing and very little I actually am doing.

So, instead of beating myself up, I opened up my laptop and wrote this post. At least, I am now thinking, I am doing at least one thing spiritual. Sharing my experience with you is one thing.

But the nightly inventory and lack of attendance at both my Buddhist Sangha and Baptist Church Service is another.

So tonight, dear friends, my advice is simple. Even if you don't do everything you are suppossed to, at least do one thing spiritual everyday to keep your spiritual muscles working.

No comments: