Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Back to Basics


In recovery, complacency is a recipe for disaster and a frequent topic of discussion. We talk about "getting back to basics" regularly.

As the follower of a spiritual path, I've let other mundane concerns get in the way and started to feel like I'm running on empty. So last night, I took my inventory, did some meditation, read and even prayed on my knees. When I got up this morning I got down on my knees and prayed again. I had an awesome day.

So I encourage you not to follow my example. Don't be complacent. Get back to basics everyday by praying, meditating, reading and doing inventory. You may not always have a great day, but you will start yourself out on the right foot and feel a whole lot better.

Remember that it takes about a month to build a new habit, so don't beat yourself up if you don't get it right at first. Just keep trying until you do these things without even thinking about it. Healthy habits are important and the results are spectacular.

No comments: