Wednesday, January 02, 2008

...now we can all breathe again.


The holidays are over...

...now we can all breathe again.

Have you ever been driving 90 miles an hour and collided head first into a brick wall?

Me neither. But I think that's how I'm feeling right now.

With all the parties, shopping, and working to make sure the season didn't put me in a financial bind, I feel like I've been constantly in motion and I can give myself permission to stop.

The responsible side of me is saying, "No! No! There's still too much to do," while the young woman feeling like she's trapped in an old woman's body is telling me if I don't stop I'm going to end up in bed for the next few days.

By taking inventory and paying attention to the signals that it's time to halt, my responsible side can give permission to take a little break. And that's progress.

So take the day off of your New Year's Resolutions tomorrow. Don't worry. It'll be our little secret. Tomorrow we will get back on track. I promise.

No comments: