Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Even Grown Men Pray


Prayer is an important part of my daily life. I didn't realize the importance of it until I had serious problems with someone at work. This person tried to get me fired and treated me like I was worthless.

One day, I was so upset, I went to my car and prayed for him to have all the happiness he deserved. I did this daily, and our relationship changed. I learned an important lesson about the power of prayer.

So, how does one pray?

The most important thing to remember when praying is that it is not like making a list for Santa Claus. We are not to pray for selfish things. As a matter of fact, it is best not to pray for ourselves at all except for the knowledge of God's Will.

Forgive me if I sound overly Christian, that is part of my background. But when you pray, it does not have to be to Jesus. It can be Buddha, Allah, or whatever your idea of God is. Don't let terms such as God scare you away from prayer.

So when you pray, you are asking for the ability to stay out of your own way and do what your God would like you to do. You can ask for healing and love for specific people, and as in my example above, I find it helpful to pray for people that you are angry at.

This is just a small primer on prayer, use it at your discretion.

No comments: